About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Friday, June 5, 2009

what's up, yo?

Oh my word! It's been forever since I've been on here... but at least I can say I've been writing. Lots. Which is good. (and no, I haven't been keeping my almost daily writing journal up, either!) Anyway, I just tho't I'd drop in for a minute to let you know a bit about what's been going on.

I'm waiting for my carton full of Smudge's Mark to arrive. I've heard from both the publisher and a fellow author friend that the book is amazing. I'm dying of anticipation! But I've been keeping myself distracted and busy by immersing myself in the continuation of the story. I must say I was stressing quite a bit as I realized what I'd already written just didn't jive with the story anymore and I found myself cutting more than writing! And then came the job of re-organizing what I had left so I could move forward. Being the kind of person who writes the story as it comes to me, rather than being a plotter (a trait which my editor has told me is both my best ally and worst curse) this process of semi-plotting was killing me. But, I'm happy to say I've finally managed to cut and re-organize myself to the point where I've now begun to move ahead. I thrive on not knowing what's going to happen next! And I've found myself stumbling into the middle of some pretty creepy scenes as a result. Yay! My writing groove is back!

Something else I'm happy about is that so far this week I've won tickets to the Trillium Book Award readings at Harbourfront and I've received an advance copy of Matthew Skelton's new book, Cirrus Flux, that isn't going to be released until July 28th. Both the tickets and the book were unexpected scores, as I'm the kind of person who never wins anything. So, being on a roll, my question is this: What's good thing #3 going to be? I'll let you know when I find out.

In the meantime, back to my work in progress. I need to find out how my poor protagonist is going to get out of his current bad situation.

Ciao!

0 comments: