About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Sunday, March 29, 2009

MY space

No more writing on the dining table for me.

Since we moved, about 3 years ago, I've been doing all my writing on the dining table for lack of a spare closet to write in. (I really do miss that closet!) Anyway, having my laptop set up on our eating space is a real pain in the backside. For obvious reasons: Not only is it not "my" space, but unless I want to wipe liquids and shake leftovers from my keyboard I've got to continually move the blasted thing everytime we eat. Not to mention all the other stuff - like papers and pencils and coffee mugs - I've got spread out all over the table by the end of the day. Writing on the dining table is just not good. It's bad.

So enough is enough. I got an old desk from a neighbour a few weeks ago, and yesterday I hauled it upstairs to my bedroom. I arranged a nice little corner by the window. It's not much, but, gosh darn it, it's mine!

0 comments: