About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sweet potatoes and Ambergate - both are orange

I'm sharing a plate of sweet potatoes with my daughter, Abby. We're the only ones who like them in our family, so every now and then we'll cook a giant one up and have it for a snack. A bit of salt, butter, and pepper - yum! Perfect spot of color and flavor for this drab afternoon.

So, I did finish Murkmere, by Patricia Elliott, last night. I liked it so much, I dove right into the companion novel, Ambergate. I like the mysterious, gothic feeling of the books, especially since they are set in an alternate, yet highly-relatable, world. There's just enough intrigue mixed with myth and folklore to make them very enjoyable reads. I like the covers, too. The American versions of the covers, that is.

Well, the sweet potato plate's empty, save for a faint sprinkling of salt around the edges, (must lick that off...) and my daughter's given up reading over my shoulder and has disappeared into her room to listen to the Jonas Brothers. Time for me to rinse the plate and go read some more. As I steep a mug of twig tea...

BTW - sweet potatoes and Ambergate are both orange. Twig tea isn't. But it compliments.

0 comments: