About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Monday, March 9, 2009

The sum total of my life

Talk about Groundhog Day! (the movie version)

My computer calendar is stuck on Sunday, February 15. And the time just keeps circling from 7-9 pm. Even the Yahoo news page has February 15, 2009 on it!

Could you imagine having to live a day in your life over and over and over and over and over and over and over again? Sheesh! Even if it was a good day, you'd eventually want to move on, don't you think? Just like Huey, Duey, and Louey - remember when they wished it was Christmas Day everyday? It was fun at first, but then after a few weeks they wanted out! Even Christmas Day isn't worth having to live over everyday for the rest of your life.

It actually makes me thankful for not only the good days I have - the days that are full of surprises, excitement, and lots of hits on my website - but also for the days when not a whole heck of a lot happens. And yes, maybe even for the days that bad things happen. Maybe. I mean, if life was predictable, it would be pretty dull. I've never been able to figure out why anyone would ever want to have their fortune read. Talk about ruining the ending!

Anyway, as far as I can remember, Sunday, February 15, 2009 wasn't a particularly exciting day, much less one I'd want to live over. I didn't even submit a blog posting that day. (Although for some reason my Valentine's Day posting came up as being posted on that day. Weird.)

But you know, now that I think about it, 40 years ago, on February 15, 1969, my dad immigrated to Canada. And if he hadn't done that, I may very well not be here, living the life I'm living; having the opportunities I've had and accomplishing the things I've accomplished. Life would most definitely have been very different for me had I grown up on the other side of the ocean. I most certainly wouldn't be who I am right now.

Up until this very moment I've been thinking I needed to get this calendar fixed. It's really annoying to see Sunday, February 15, 2009 everyday. Not to mention the frozen time on the clock!

But, you know what? Maybe I'll just leave it. Maybe seeing Sunday, February 15, 2009 everyday isn't such a bad thing. Maybe it's meant to be a reminder. A reminder that all the good days, blah days, and even bad days since that date 40 years ago are the sum total of my life. All those days have brought me to where I am today.

And you know what? I'm happy about that.

0 comments: