About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Sunday, September 6, 2009

Me and Adam. And other news.

Yesterday I read one of the most page-turning books I've read in a loooooong time. It's called CRANK by Ellen Hopkins. I bought it in the morning and finished it by midnight. Granted, the text isn't dense by any means - it's written in a very creative poetic form - but still, I couldn't let it go. I had to finish it.

The problem with reading that book in one day was this: one of the character's names was Adam. And reading that name over and over throughout the day must have messed with my sub-conscious because last night I ended up having a dream about Adam Lambert! He wanted to hang out with me. So, he put his arm around me and we started walking. We walked and talked (about what, exactly, I'm not sure) until we ended up in church. In church! You should have seen the looks I got from some of the old ladies! Anyway, as we were sitting there, still talking about the good Lord knows what, I noticed that some of the people who were coming to church were dressed, well, very strangely - like they were either circus performers or had mistaken the church for the set of Amadeus. Anyway, Adam soon noticed these people, too. And when he did he turned to me and said, "Now, if I knew church was going to be like this, I'd have worn my costume too!" And that was it. I woke up.

No more binge reading for me.

In other news... I'm having a Q&A chat over at Goodreads. Stop by and help me get this discussion started!

0 comments: