About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Friday, February 6, 2009

Let the fun begin...

And so it begins...

Being a somewhat private person, I never thought I'd ever post my life in the public eye. But, here I am, blogging away. Heck, everyone's doing it! Why not?

Life is never boring, is it? Unless of course you're my 12-year-old daughter. Her facebook status always boldly declares her boredom with life. But, considering the drama she spews on a regular basis, I have a feeling "I'm soooooooooo bored" is just something to say when you've got nothing better.

Anyway, I can truthfully say I've never posted "I'm bored" on my FB page. No way! Not with everything that's been going on these last few years, namely the publication of my first children's fantasy novel, Smudge's Mark. Editing the manuscript could have been my full-time job, if I didn't already have a (paying) job. Getting paid to do full-time work is always a good thing, but not always a guaranteed thing, as anyone who's ever labored over editing a book knows! Well, all that work is finally going to pay off really soon. Smudge's Mark is being published by Simply Read Books and will hopefully be released this spring, 2009. I've even gone ahead and started up a website: http://www.smudgesmark.com/ Check it out sometime. (Are my friends sick of hearing that yet? Ask them.)

I've also become a member of http://www.jacketflap.com/ children's book networking web space. Yikes! Networking! Is this idea that I'm an author really becoming real? "Networking" sounds so official.

Anyway, here I sit listening to Viva La Vida on my iPod, (I'm thinking I really like the idea of a Strawberry Swing) contemplating the concept of "networking", and still wondering why the heck a private person like me is blogging.

Maybe I'll find out one day...

0 comments: