About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yay for friends who vacation in Vegas!

I'm so excited! I'm getting American stamps!!

You try buying American stamps when you live in Canada.

Why do I need American stamps? Well, when you send mail to the US and they require you to include a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) you're outta luck if you live north of the border. See, I'm trying to get myself an agent... yeah, I'm taking the leap. And they want you to send them a SASE along with your submission. (For the likely "Sorry, your work doesn't fit my portfolio" letter they're planning on sending you.)

Anyway, a friend of mine is vacationing in Vegas this week and - duh - I never even thought to ask her to bring some stamps back for me. So I just texted her. (Sorry for the intrusion, Steve!) And, being the most awesome friend she is, she went right out and got some for me! Being, also, the eternal optimist she is, she only got two. Imagine - two! That only leaves room for one rejection! (Maybe it's cause she's in Vegas and is feeling lucky. I should mention for her to rub the stamps on her slot-machine if she happens to win big...) Anyway, I promptly texted her back and asked her bring at least five. Or twenty-five. Just to be safe. Cause I'm not in Vegas and I don't feel very lucky.

But, hey! What better place to get a SASE stamp from when what I'm trying to accomplish is composed of 1% skill and 99% luck? Give or take a few percentages...

I seriously hope she hits the jackpot!

0 comments: