About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Monday, February 9, 2009

'Longsuffering'? That's about right...

This is the rough image for the cover of Smudge's Mark. Of course the final image will have my name and the book's title on it. It'll be interesting to see how much it will have changed before the book is actually released.

It's weird to think that I'm blogging and website-ing long before you even know that Smudge, Tessa, and Gil exist. I wish I could introduce them to the world - - yesterday!

Waiting is so hard... I'm not well-known for my patience level - or 'longsuffering' as some would call it. Actually, that sounds about right to me; longsuffering.

Well, okay. Long, yeah. Definitely. Suffering, not so much.

Well, maybe a little.

During the last few years, my emotions and perseverance have been tested like they've never been tested before. Oh, it's a good testing, (by that I mean that I'm glad I'm getting published - I know there are lots of people out there who'd give their eye teeth to be in my position) but that doesn't necessarily make it easier. Becoming a published author is altogether a thrilling, exhausting, exciting, nerve-wracking, overwhelming, nail-biting, frustrating, life-changing experience.

It's amazing anyone comes out of this process normal.

0 comments: