About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Monday, February 16, 2009

Yeah, so, my father was a god...

I'm now reading Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys. Since I'm a writer of kid's fiction I tend to read kids' books a lot, but every now and then I'll join the land of the grown-ups and choose a book for a more "mature" audience. Luckily for me, since I enjoy his kids' lit so much, Neil Gaiman is one of those authors whose skillful talent reaches many age groups. And it's not even like he's one of the lucky ones who only writes books for kids and adults happen to like them, too. Although, in the cases of his children's books, that's very evident.

I'm looking forward to spending time with Fat Charlie, to see how his life changes after his father drops dead mid-song on a karaoke stage: A father who, unbeknownst to Fat Charlie, just also happens to have been Anansi, the trickster god...

0 comments: