About me

View my complete profile
Claudia
I wrote my first novel, Smudge's Mark, in a closet. No joke.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To watch or not to watch...

Tuesday. The start of another week. Well, Monday usually starts off a new week, but yesterday was a holiday so this week starts on Tuesday.

And Tuesday is American Idol. What a sad way to start the week. To watch tonight, or not... I'm kinda thinking not. I feel like I've been jilted out of the only show I ever watch, for real. It's just become a big joke. Okay, more of a big joke. I admit it's usually pretty lame-o at the beginning anyway, before the voting public cuts the wannabes loose in order to give the stage to the true talent. But I don't think it's ever been completely ridiculous. This year the judges have stooped to an all new low, what with the people they've put through. I mean, come on, Cheek-ring Boy surely deserved a spot before the laughing diva or the clown with the identity crisis, don't you think?

Anyway, this year I think I'll wait to tune in until these people have been sent packing.

(Come to think of it, it's really Sunday that starts off a new week, so we're really already two days in. So, technically, American Idol isn't starting off the week. I feel much better.)

UPDATE: Okay, so I caved... but only to watch Danny Gokey. He's awesome!

0 comments: